Cermaq Canada is seeking a Senior Level Professional for an exciting new Atlantic Initiative in the Salmon Industry.
The role is based out of Guysborough, Nova Scotia.
The Sustainable Development Specialist advances the vision and values of Cermaq Canada by ensuring that Rightsholders, community, fishermen, government, and all relevant stakeholders are engaged authentically and respectfully listened to in order to create an opportunity for business development following a shared value model. This will be a contract position to start with the potential for permanent employment.
You will be a well-rounded professional with exceptional communication skills, relationship and community development skills and the ability to be the face of the organization in Nova Scotia. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Acts as the conduit for external media to establish and maintain relationships,
- Monitor local media channels, social media and local opinion to gauge public opinion for outreach and education
- Meet with individuals, associations and special interest groups or represent Cermaq Canada at local events, government meetings, association meetings, etc.
- Contributes to individual and group engagement plans for Cermaq Canada
- Tailoring the production of various communication materials to meet the local needs
- Provide input for site development applications with a specific focus o engagement, communications and shared value initiatives
- Describe the operational excellence in all areas of our production to meet or exceed our standards
- Translate technical and operational information into common language that is easily understood and accessible
- Create transparency of information that builds trust and long-term relationship with First Nations, Governments, stakeholders and communities.
- Using a shared value model seek opportunities for mutual benefit of Cermaq and other parties
- Describe the audit programs and continual improvement processes that provide Cermaq with world class certifications
- Leading self with integrity in their interactions with First Nations peoples or any related party
- Leading self by compassionately conducting all interactions with a balance needed to ensure quality relationship are built and maintained
- Advocation for the communities and stakeholders to ensure their voice is heard, respected while ensuring Cermaq remains accessible and transparent
Education, Experience and Skills
- Required experience with community and government engagement
- Prior communications experience demonstrating a high level of social intelligence in group settings
- Conflict management and mediation skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated to meet timelines and goals with minimal supervision
- Available for evening and weekend work for community engagement
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Ability to live in the Guysborough community
- Ability to travel: Frequent travel required within Nova Scotia
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination. This includes a progressive view of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Although wholly committed to hire the best candidate available, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples for this role.
To apply and/or receive a full job description, please connect to Cynthia McCutcheon, Summit Search Group, firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.